Cactus Worldwide is an innovative language training provider, leading the way in foreign language courses across the UK. We are a small, dynamic team, focusing on excellent customer service through organising language courses for individuals and groups, for clients all over the globe with diverse needs and budgets.
We are looking for an Operations Assistant to support the Head of Operations to ensure the operational efficiency of our language courses and to maintain positive relationships between Cactus and our wide range of foreign language teachers.
Our Operations Team works hard to ensure the timely sourcing of freelance teachers to teach both our Evening Language Courses (FLUK Dept) and our bespoke Private Tuition Lessons for individuals and Corporate Clients (TM Dept).
The Operations Assistant will report to the Head of Operations and work closely with the Language Courses Manager (FLUK Dept) and the Corporate Training Account Manager (TM Dept).
This is a maternity cover position for 11 months (fixed term contract) from September 2023.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To manage the communications with all freelance teaching staff for the UK Evening Language Courses (FLUK)
- To manage and conduct the searches and interviews for new teaching staff for both FLUK and TM
- To communicate all logistical details of the courses to the teachers; arrange and manage cover classes; maintain regular flow of information and dialogue with the teachers and other departments.
- To support teachers queries with completing their online class records through their online Teacher Zone account
- To manage all teacher-related student and teacher feedback for FLUK courses and field to the correct member of staff for solutions
- With the support of the Head of Operations, ensure that the profit margins are met for both FLUK and TM
- To organise course books for TM clients within budget
- With the support of the Head of Operations, review the department processes on a regular basis to increase productivity and bring about improved efficiency.
- To liaise daily with the Evening Courses Manager and the FLUK team to ensure smooth running of the Evening Language Courses.
- Work up to two late shifts per week to provide phone cover during the evening language courses
- Represent Cactus positively on social media platforms as and when required
- Liaise with teachers to promote Cactus courses as regional representatives and ensure they receive marketing materials
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessary.
- Positive & enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong organisation, prioritisation & multitasking skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure & deal with challenging situations while delivering high level customer service
- Proven ability to find solutions and perform tasks within limited time frames
- ·Confident, self-motivated, pro-active, solution driven and enthusiastic
- Team player
- Strong IT skills, experience using of Microsoft Office Programs
- ·Excellent spoken & written English (Level C2 in the case of non-native speakers)
- ·Language teaching experience and / or language teaching qualification desirable
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary £22,000.00
- 25 days holiday plus UK bank holidays
- Bupa Private Healthcare (Basic Cover)
- Free UK Evening Language Course(s) – up to 4 per year (subject to availability)
The role is remote, however we will expect you to attend an office in Brighton/Hove area few times a month, so you need to live in a commutable distance from Brighton and Hove.
How to apply:
If you like the sound of it, please email your CV and a short paragraph explaining why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 31st July 2023
How to book with Cactus
Simply select which language you would like to learn and from the box below and click lets go.
Take level test
This is a quick test to help you find the right course for your current level of knowledge.
Book your course
Use our simple online booking system to select your course.
Frequently asked questions
What will I learn?
Our Course Outlines give an overview of the content and learning framework of Cactus courses. Includes themes, grammar and vocabulary you can typically expect to cover. These are intended as a guide only. Language teachers may at times adapt the course content to suit the specific level, aims and interests of the class.
How do I know what level I am?
Are you unsure where to start or progress to? Then take our level test and read our level descriptions for guidance.
Do I receive a qualification or certificate?
At the end of your course you receive a certificate of participation. You will be able to be download it from your MyCactus account. This confirms the language and level of course you have taken. Our course levels are based on two internationally recognised systems. You will have a universally accepted reference for your studies. (Important: Please note that you must complete the end of course questionnaire sent to you to be able to get your certificate! You will receive the course questionnaire by e-mail at the end of your course.)
Do I need a course book?
You will need a course book to attend your course. Course books are not included in the course fees. We recommend that you buy your own course book separately before your course starts. We will let you know which course book you will require and advise where you can purchase this. Please note that a course book often covers more than one level. So if you progress to the next course, you may not necessarily need to buy a new book. Again, we will advise you of this at the time. The course book is chosen by our teachers and academic team. This is based on which book is most suitable for the level of the class whilst offering the most communicative approach.