If you’re in Operations and are looking to join a fun, focussed, engaged team based in Central Brighton, doing great things in the Language Training Industry, then this could be the right job for you.
The role of the Operations Assistant is to support the Head of Operations to ensure the operational efficiency of our language courses and to maintain positive relationships between Cactus and our wide range of foreign language teachers.
This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday, based in Brighton.
• To manage the communications with all freelance teaching staff for the UK Evening Language Courses (FLUK)
• To manage and conduct the searches and interviews for new teaching staff
• To communicate all logistical details of the courses to the teachers; arrange and manage cover classes; maintain regular flow of information and dialogue with the teachers and other departments
• To support teachers queries with completing their online class records through their online Teacher Zone account
• To manage all teacher-related student and teacher feedback for evening courses and field to the correct member of staff for solutions
• Support the Head of Operations by overseeing the Interns ensuring day to day duties are covered and provide training for new starters
• With the support of the Head of Operations, review the department processes on a regular basis to increase productivity and bring about improved efficiency.
• To liaise with the Evening Courses Manager and Assistants on a daily basis to ensure smooth running of the Evening Language Courses.
• Work one late shift per week and two to three late shifts per week or overtime during the intakes as required to be taken as TOIL
• Represent Cactus positively on social media platforms as and when required
• Liaise with teachers to promote Cactus courses as regional representatives and ensure they receive marketing materials as required
• And any other tasks which may be assigned
• A mature approach with a positive & enthusiastic attitude
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Strong organisation, prioritisation & multitasking skills
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure & deal with challenging situations while delivering high level customer service
• Proven ability to find solutions and perform tasks within limited time frames
• Confident, self-motivated, pro-active, solution driven and enthusiastic
• Team player
• Strong IT skills, experience using of Microsoft Office Programs
• Excellent spoken & written English (Level C2 in the case of non-native speakers)
• Desirable – Fluency in at least 1 of the following languages: Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Russian, German
• Desirable – Language teaching experience and / or language teaching qualification desirable
• Salary £19,000.00
• 22 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
• NEST Pension Scheme
• Bupa Private Healthcare (Basic Cover)
• Free UK Evening Language Course(s) – up to 4 per year (subject to availability)
Closing date for applications: Sunday 21st April 2019
Please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Cactus are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all candidates who believe they fit the essential requirements of the job.
We ask applicants to inform us of any ‘Reasonable Adjustments’ needed for any part of the recruitment process, thank you.