Why Work for Cactus Language?
At Cactus Language Training we offer flexibility; whether it be a 10-week evening language course or 1-to-1 private tuition, we are sure to have a teaching opportunity that will suit each candidate.
- Our teaching opportunities work on a supply & demand basis, meaning that they are frequent. This therefore means that once a teacher has been employed and added to the database, they will be contacted on a regular basis with new opportunities that match their profile.
- We do not impose a rigid syllabus by which our trainers are obliged to abide; our approach is communicative, meaning that our teachers are not constrained by rules that may hinder their personalised methodology.
- We are worldwide, meaning that you can work for us from anywhere. Teachers who have left the UK and are now based elsewhere continue to receive teaching opportunities and deliver work for us. Wherever you may be, we will have opportunities in your location.
- Our group numbers tend to be small; average 6 to 8 students, meaning that the teacher can really invest quality time with his/her students and witness their linguistic progress.
- Consistency; can flexibility and consistency coincide? Yes they can and at Cactus we pride ourselves on striking this balance. E.g. continuation courses always assigned to previous teacher who is prioritised based on student satisfaction.
Who are our teachers?
Our teachers are academic professionals who are either native or fluent speakers of the language they teach for us. Their ages can range from 25 all the way to 82, but they all have one thing in common: their passion for their language and their passion for the teaching profession.
Our vast database of teachers consists of over 5000 tutors from all over the world, who teach one or several languages, ranging from the most common to the most peculiar. Many are European and UK based, whilst others work remotely.
At Cactus we are very proud of our teachers, who represent us around the world. We value their work strongly, and persistently strive to better our relationship with them.
View our Current Vacancies for teaching opportunities in the UK and worldwide.
View our Online Teaching Resources for teaching activities, exercises, lesson plans, and audio – visual materials for the language that you teach.
View our Teaching Adult Language Learners with Dyslexia Course to sign up for a free online training course to enhance your understanding of dyslexia and contribute to your professional development.
View our Teacher of the Intake to learn more about our teachers and teaching for Cactus
How to book with Cactus
Simply select which language you would like to learn and from the box below and click lets go.
Take level test
This is a quick test to help you find the right course for your current level of knowledge.
Book your course
Use our simple online booking system to select your course.
Frequently asked questions
What will I learn?
Our Course Outlines give an overview of the content and learning framework of Cactus courses. Includes themes, grammar and vocabulary you can typically expect to cover. These are intended as a guide only. Language teachers may at times adapt the course content to suit the specific level, aims and interests of the class.
How do I know what level I am?
Are you unsure where to start or progress to? Then take our level test and read our level descriptions for guidance.
Do I receive a qualification or certificate?
At the end of your course you receive a certificate of participation. You will be able to be download it from your MyCactus account. This confirms the language and level of course you have taken. Our course levels are based on two internationally recognised systems. You will have a universally accepted reference for your studies. (Important: Please note that you must complete the end of course questionnaire sent to you to be able to get your certificate! You will receive the course questionnaire by e-mail at the end of your course.)
Do I need a course book?
You will need a course book to attend your course. Course books are not included in the course fees. We recommend that you buy your own course book separately before your course starts. We will let you know which course book you will require and advise where you can purchase this. Please note that a course book often covers more than one level. So if you progress to the next course, you may not necessarily need to buy a new book. Again, we will advise you of this at the time. The course book is chosen by our teachers and academic team. This is based on which book is most suitable for the level of the class whilst offering the most communicative approach.