The ‘Company’ shall mean Cactus, or Cactus Language, or Cactus TEFL, or Cactus Language Training, or Cactus Worldwide Limited. The ‘Client’ shall mean the person in whose name the booking is made and shall include the person or persons on whose behalf the same is made. The ‘Student’ shall mean the person who is participating in the course. ‘Force Majeure’ shall mean any event outside the Company’s control which prevents the prompt performance of its obligations, including natural disasters, war, civil strife, acts of terrorism and political unrest, etc.
These terms relate to the following courses:
10-week Evening Courses:
Consist of 20 hours of tuition, with one two-hour lesson per week.
5-week Evening Courses:
Consist of 20 hours of tuition, with two two-hour lessons per week.
For more information on courses, go to the Company website.
Students are required to be 16 and over, and should complete an online level test to confirm their Cactus level.
Course books are not included in the course fees so students should purchase their own course books prior to their course. The Company will advise which book is required and where this may be purchased. In class students may receive additional learning materials appropriate to the level of the course, such as photocopies.
We require a minimum number of 4 students to be able run a group course on the full 10 or 5 weeks. Whilst the vast majority of courses easily meet this requirement, in some cases some unfortunately do not. We will always try our hardest to run all of our courses as advertised, but cannot guarantee that courses which don’t meet the minimum student number will be able to run. For courses on 3 students the courses will be run on a reduced number of weeks:
1) If the minimum number of students is not met, this is the process we will follow:
For quality reasons the maximum number of students admitted per course is 12.
Where a course takes place during a public holiday, no lessons will take place on that day and no reduction in price will be given except where specifically stated. Individual classes are usually rescheduled (but not always) but group classes are usually forfeited. Please consult the accompanying list of public holidays (although it is the client’s responsibility to check these since they are often subject to change).
Course fees include VAT, unless otherwise stated.
1) No contract is made between the Company and the Client and no booking is valid until the Company has issued a confirmation invoice by post, fax or e-mail (an e-mail acknowledging receipt of an order does not constitute a confirmation invoice). The Company will issue this confirmation invoice after it has received a completed booking form.
2) During the booking process we supply dollar, euro and any other currency rate as a guideline only. We will always take payment in GB pounds and the amount you are charged will depend on the exact exchange rate at the time of payment.
We do not charge any booking fees.
1) In the event that a Client wishes to cancel their course, they must notify the Company as soon as possible in writing. Cancellations by phone will not be accepted. Please email email@example.com to cancel your course. The following terms apply:
i. All refund applications must be made at least fourteen (14 days) before the course start date.
ii. Refund applications made up to fourteen (14) days before the course start date will be eligible for a full refund minus a £40 administration fee. Alternatively you can postpone your booking to a later start date with no administration fee deductions applied.
iii. Refund applications made fourteen (14) days or less before the course start date cannot be accepted: no refunds are available and you will no longer be able to transfer your booking to a later start date.
iv. No refunds are available for non-attendance.
v. Credit card fees are non-refundable.
vi. How to claim a refund: You must notify the Company in writing/ by email, following your cancellation. All refunds will be subject to the terms and deductions outlined above.
vii. Due to the nature of the courses, we cannot, in any event, pro-rata classes or transfer unused class time to another course.
2) In the event the Company is unable to run a course, or make suitable alternative arrangements under the Minimum Number of Students policy, the Client will be entitled to a full refund, including any credit card fees. Refunds will be processed within 5 – 10 working days of notification of refund, depending on your bank.
3) Where orders were previously modified and administration charges or penalties incurred, a full refund no longer constitutes the original value of the booking, but is subject to deductions of these charges as detailed above.
4) Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014):
As a service that is provided on a specific date within a specific period the Company is not obligated to provide a fourteen (14) day cooling off period. However, the Company has elected to offer the following: Bookings made remotely (by telephone, email, online) may be cancelled within fourteen (14) days of the initial booking in writing firstname.lastname@example.org.
i. This 14-day period is called “the cooling off period”. If you cancel within the cooling off period, you must tell us in writing. Cancellations made by phone will not be accepted. You must keep evidence of your cancellation within the ‘cooling off period’. We will refund the fees paid in full minus a £10 administration fee.
ii. If you book fourteen (14) days or less before the start of the course you lose your right to a cooling off period. The service will start within the 14 day cooling off period and the service forms part of a set of group lessons which are not sold individually.
iii. If your cooling off period falls over the 14 days before the start of the course then your cooling off period is limited to the number of days that do not fall over the 14 days prior to the start of the course. All refund applications must be made at least fourteen (14 days) before the course start date.
1) The company will do its utmost to provide the arrangements that have been confirmed, but it must reserve the right to modify or cancel any course if unforeseen circumstances arise. This includes but is not limited to, providing a cover teacher for teacher sickness or absence, cancelling a lesson and offering an alternative date, postponing the course for one week, offering alternative suitable locations or levels. If force majeure occurs while a course is in progress, the company will try to make reasonable alternative arrangements.
2) The Company requires a minimum number of students to be able to run a course. For further information, please refer to our policy on Minimum Number of Students
The Company accepts responsibility for ensuring that all parts of the course are supplied as described and that all services shall reach reasonable standard. However the Company shall not be liable for the failure or improper performance of these services where such failure or improper performance is attributable to:
1) If the Client wishes to change their booking in any way after the confirmation invoice has been issued, they must inform the Company immediately. For further information, please refer to your course type under the Cancellation & Refunds policy.
2) If the Client is unhappy with the teacher or any aspect of the teaching they must inform the Company immediately in writing. The Company cannot deal with issues or complaints retrospectively. The Company reserves the right to offer solutions to the issue such as speaking to the teacher about the problem, changing the teacher, offering the Client an alternative course or location. In the unlikely event that a Client is unhappy with their course we require the Client to attend a minimum of 3 lessons, in order to give a reasonable amount of time for any improvements and changes to be experienced. After the Client has made a complaint in writing we require the Client to attend a further two lessons in order to give a reasonable amount of time for any improvements and changes to be experienced. The Company will make every attempt to ensure the Client can continue with their course as a satisfied Client.
3) Should the Client decide that the level of their course is too high or low for them and they would like to change, they will need to request a transfer in writing (via email) in the first 2 weeks of the course.
4) In the event that a acceptable solution cannot be found the Client may escalate their complaint as per the Complaints Procedure.
1) The Company believes that all statements made on its website or in printed material are factual and correct. Every reasonable effort has been made to describe the schools and environments and to provide the amenities described. The Company cannot therefore be held responsible for any changes that become known after any printed materials are produced (up-to-date information can be found on the Company website), nor can the Company accept liabilities for happenings outside its reasonable control. The Company undertakes to advise the Client of any changes known to it prior to the course.
2) The Company cannot be held responsible for incorrect information printed or online by associate websites. Please refer to the Company website for up to date information.
Cactus is unable to provide any kind of visa letter or invitation letter on the basis of attendance of/ payment for a UK evening & part-time language course as described under section 1. Definitions and Interpretations in these Conditions.
Any special requests must be advised to the company in writing. Please feel free to make known to us any medical conditions or other needs, which you feel might enable us to provide you with a higher level of personal service and attention. Any information received remains confidential.
General information is included on this website for help and guidance to the client. Please read it carefully. The contract incorporating these conditions shall be governed by English law and any matters arising out of it shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Evening language courses: 19 different languages in 15 UK locations
Language holidays: worldwide immersion courses in the country of the language
Private tuition: tailor-made and corporate language training solutions throughout the world
TEFL: teacher training courses for both English and other languages all over the world
Online courses: for teacher training, English and French